Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to your questions with the Australian Institute of Food Safety's Frequently Asked Questions section.

What information do I need to provide to enrol into a course?

You will need to provide your personal details such as name, contact telephone number, email address, postal address as well as a few other basic pieces of information. This allows us to create a user account which you will use to complete your course.

For nationally recognised courses such as the Food Safety Supervisor course or the Food Handler course, you will also be required to have a government-issued Unique Student Identifier number or USI.

Your USI number is quite easy to get and can be obtained in around 5 - 10 minutes, however, you will need a piece of identification such as a drivers licence, passport, Medicare card or ImmiCard.