Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to your questions with the Australian Institute of Food Safety's Frequently Asked Questions section.

How do I notify the authorities that I’ve nominated a Food Safety Supervisor?

Once you’ve nominated a Food Safety Supervisor for your business, you would usually advise your local council in writing - either via email or through the post.

If you are applying for a business licence, you might have to supply a copy of your Food Safety Supervisor’s Statement of Attainment, and NSW certificate if applicable, as proof.