This Unit of Competency has been superseded by SIRRFSA001: Handle food safely in a retail environment
This unit covers the full requirements to be a Food Safety Supervisor in the Retail sector. SIRRFSA001A takes an in-depth look at what is required to implement safe food handling and storage practices and a food safety program within a retail food environment.
Having completed this unit of competency, the trainee is expected to be able to locate and understand the food safety program, know how to test for and correct any breaches, understand how to dispose of waste and contaminated goods safely, and maintain personal hygiene in a manner appropriate to the workplace. This includes knowing what to do, and what not to do, in the case of illness.
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to implement safe food storage handling processes in a retail food environment according to a food safety program.
Application of the Unit
This unit applies to frontline service personnel involved in preparing, displaying and selling retail food. It requires the frontline service personnel to have knowledge and application of a store food safety program that complies with food safety regulations.
Other Unit of Competency Guides
For your convenience, the complete list of current Unit of Competency guides is provided below:
- SITXFSA001: Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002: Participate in safe food handling practices
- SIRRFSA001: Handle food safely in a retail environment
- FBPFSY1001: Follow work procedures to maintain food safety
- FBPFSY2001: Implement the food safety program and procedures
- HLTFSE005: Apply and monitor food safety requirements
- HLTFSE007: Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace
- HLTFSE001: Follow basic food safety practices