What is the role of a Food Safety Supervisor?
The role of a Food Safety Supervisor is to manage the overall food safety of a business. This typically includes:
- Being aware of all relevant food safety legislation and standards that are applicable to the food business.
- Monitoring all food handlers to make sure that all food handling tasks are properly and safely carried out.
- Knowing how to recognise, prevent and alleviate food safety hazards in the food business.
- Ensuring that food handlers maintain safe personal hygiene.
- Ensuring that a business’s food safety program is up-to-date and accurately maintained.
- Completing all required training and holding the necessary statement of attainment or certificate
- Being ‘reasonably available’ to the business’s food handlers and its local council during operating hours.