What is the Australian Institute of Food Safety’s procedure for complaints & appeals?
This procedure is designed to establish a fair and equitable company process for dealing with client/participant complaints and appeals.
Complaints & appeals procedure
- Discuss the complaint or appeal with the Trainer or Assessor, or Management
- If the complaint or appeal is not addressed to the satisfaction of the participant/client, the client or participant is advised to complete a Complaints and Appeals Statement (request via Contact Us page) and forward to Management
- Management will evaluate the complaint or appeal, conduct an enquiry where necessary and address the complaint or appeal, responding initially within 5 working days. The client or participant will be offered an opportunity to present his or her case and may wish to ask a support person to attend
- If the complaint or appeal is not addressed to the satisfaction of the participant, Management can make further enquiries if necessary, document actions or solutions to the complaint or appeal and advise the person submitting the complaint or appeal of the outcome within 10 working days
- If the complaint remains unresolved the person submitting the complaint or appeal will be referred to external avenues