Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to your questions with the Australian Institute of Food Safety's Frequently Asked Questions section.

What is a USI and do I need one?

For nationally recognised courses such as the Food Safety Supervisor course or the Food Handler course, the Australian Government requires that every student has a special identifying number unique to them. This is called a Unique Student Identifier number or USI.

Your USI number is quite easy to get and can be obtained in around 5 - 10 minutes.