Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to your questions with the Australian Institute of Food Safety's Frequently Asked Questions section.

What is a NSW Food Safety Supervisor?

The Australian Institute of Food Safety has a specific course for students who want to do a Food Safety Supervisor course which covers them in NSW. This is because the NSW Food Authority has some extra regulations that we have to adhere to.

As well as a nationally recognised statement of attainment, students that complete this course are issued with a NSW Food Authority Food Safety Supervisor Certificate. We issue this certificate using the stationery they provide, and we must be a registered RTO listed on the NSW Food Authority’s pre-approved trainers providers list. The fee that we get charged to do this, accounts for the difference in cost between the NSW and non-NSW Food Safety Supervisor course.

If you intend to work as a Food Safety Supervisor in New South Wales, it’s important that you enrol in this version of the course. You also need to keep in mind that the NSW Food Safety Supervisor certificate is only valid for 5 years from the date of issue. You can renew your Food Safety Supervisor training through our NSW Recertification course