How do I make videos to demonstrate tasks in the Observer Report?
In certain situations, students may be unable to find a suitable observer to complete their Observer Report. If you're in such a situation, you can send video evidence of yourself demonstrating the tasks in the Observer Report for assessment.
If you need to make a video recording, please follow the guidelines below:
- Download the Observer Report for the relevant industry
- Carefully review the tasks to be demonstrated
- Decide how you will demonstrate each task
- Record a video for each task, ensuring that your face is clear and you can be clearly heard explaining any steps as necessary
- Name each video to match the task that you are demonstrating. For example, a video demonstrating 'Task 1 Safe Food Handling' should be titled ‘Task 1’ or ‘Safe Food Handling’.
- Update the Observer Report to tell us which video to watch for each task
- Send both the Observer Report and completed videos to the assessment team
Important: If the Observer Report requires you to demonstrate a task more than once, you must ensure you record the required number of different examples.
Some tasks may be difficult to demonstrate, such as reporting food or hygiene hazards or reporting personal health issues. In such cases, you may simulate the situation and talk through the process that you would follow. For example, if you're demonstrating reporting personal health issues you can demonstrate feeling ill and contacting work to report your illness and any further steps you may need to take.